Centerpoint Mall To Open New Free Indoor Playground, Joins Lazer Broadcasting to Raise Funds For Children's Hospital
Oxnard Chamber of Commerce to lead a ribbon-cutting ceremony
while students from area schools to enjoy the new indoor playground
OXNARD, Calif., (October 17, 2017) --- Centerpoint Mall is set to open its new PlayTime Free Indoor Playground on Friday, October 27 at 11 a.m. To celebrate the opening, Centerpoint Mall is hosting Lazer Broadcasting for its 10th Annual live broadcast to raise funds for Children's Miracle Network from 5 a.m. to 7 p.m. Centerpoint Mall is located at 2655 Saviers Rd.
Joining Centerpoint Mall officials will be Nancy Lindholm, president and CEO of the Oxnard Chamber of Commerce, to lead the ribbon-cutting ceremony. Also scheduled to attend are Tim Flynn, Mayor of Oxnard; Bryan McDonald, City Councilmember of Oxnard; Alyce Bosacki, Associate Executive Director at the Oxnard Convention & Visitors Bureau; Scott Whitney, Chief of Police of Oxnard; and Andrew Salinas, Chief of Police of Port Hueneme. Representatives are also scheduled to attend from the offices of Julia Brownley, United States Congress Member, District 26; Jacqui Irwin, California State Assembly Member, District 44; and John Zaragoza, Ventura County Supervisor.
“We are grateful for the support in the Oxnard community for the opening of our new indoor playground at Centerpoint Mall,” said Tony Shooshani, managing member of Shooshani Developers and owners of Centerpoint Mall. “As the retail environment continues to change, it’s important that we still maintain a connection with our core customers and the surrounding community. We feel with the opening of the new free indoor playground we can provide a safe place where kids can play and families to shop all in the center of Oxnard.”
The nearly 1,000-square-feet PlayTime Indoor Playground features a highly colorful floor design with a jungle themed pattern and river-print running through it. The area is dotted with butterflies, ladybugs, dragonflies, and colorful flowers, along with rock designs and shorelines. The PlayTime Indoor playground structure is strategically positioned in the center of the mall with a parameter of play panels measuring 40 feet long and 24 1/2 feet wide.
A whimsical Monkey anchors the entrance to the playground and is the Welcome Greeter and Keeper of the Rules and Regulations. The monkey measures 5 feet long by 1 foot wide by 5 feet tall. Eight fun-filled protruding animals and obstacles are strategically positioned in the free indoor playground including:
- Dueling Elephants tunnel that functions as a climber and are 11 feet long by 3 feet wide by 3 feet tall.
- Jeep on Dirt tunnel that functions as a climber with seats and is 6 feet long by 4 feet wide by 2 1/2 feet tall.
- Giraffe tunnel that functions as a climber and is 5 feet long by 2 feet wide by 2 feet tall.
- Gorilla Over Log Crawl tunnel that functions as a climber and is 4 feet long by 4 feet wide by 3 1/2 feet tall.
- Rock Waterfall tunnel that functions as a ramp and climber and is 6 1/2 feet long by 5 1/4 feet wide by 3 feet tall.
- Swimming Gator that functions as a climber with its head size 2 feet long by 1 foot wide by 1/2 foot tall and its body size is 2 feet long by 1/2 foot wide by 1/2 foot tall.
- Beetle that functions as a climber and is 2 feet long by 2 feet wide by 1 foot tall.
- Monarch Butterfly that functions as a climber and is 3 feet long by 2 feet wide by 1 foot tall.
“We’re very pleased with the design of the PlayTime playground. The kids will enjoy themselves while the parents will have an opportunity to rest and enjoy a refreshing drink or delicious meal at the nearby restaurants,” added Shooshani.
For a complete list of the 49 retail stores, specialty shops and dining outlets at Centerpoint Mall, please visit Facebook: facebook.com/centerpoint.
About Centerpoint Mall
Centerpoint Mall is a 383,000-square-foot vibrant, mixed-use shopping center with a variety of national and local retail stores located in the center of Oxnard, California. Centerpoint Mall is the City Center of regional enclosed shopping. The broad mix of tenants consistently serves the needs of the surrounding community featuring tenants of various sizes with creative, unique, and moderately priced goods. Centerpoint Mall provides free parking in its parking lots throughout the area. For additional information, please call 805-487-1142, or Like at Facebook: facebook.com/centerpoint.